Centric Technologies is looking for a Senior Backend Developer for our client.
In this role, you’ll get the chance to work at the bleeding edge of financial technology, alongside a small, dedicated and passionate team who are trying to change one of the biggest industries on the planet – payments. It’s a huge well-established industry, with well-established players and well-established problems – Our client have a clear vision of how to solve those problems, and they're doing it with a solution that has never been done before – you’ll be pushing boundaries.
To do all that, we need people who can answer the difficult questions.
The qualities we will be looking for include:
- You encapsulate our company values: Lean, Genuine, Useful, Respectful. We’re looking for thoughtful individuals, who get the job done and value quality in all that they do. You treat everyone with respect, seek out and value the opinions of your colleagues, and always expect the same in return. - You’re a tenacious problem solver. You’re excited at being presented with a problem, enjoy the process of solving the puzzle, refuse to let it rest until you’ve worked it out, and are addicted to the thrill of the ‘Eureka’ moment. - To solve the issues in the payments landscape, you’ll be integrating with API’s provided by the worlds largest banks. Part of the value our client provides is to take all of the messy, inherent flaws in the current banking technology, and abstract it away. But that means we have to understand the mess ourselves. You need to be an excellent communicator to do this – You’ll be required to clearly articulate complex problems to non-technical staff, often you’ll have to read between the lines to judge how a problem might be solved, and understand how to phrase a question to make sure you get the right kind of response. English doesn’t have to be your first language, but you’ll need to speak it fluently.
- Our client is a small, lean team that moves quickly – You’ll need to able to work autonomously, make good decisions and take responsibility for your own work. You need the flexible attitude required to roll with the punches of a high growth start-up.We’re open to candidates of all backgrounds, so meeting all of the criteria below isn’t essential – if you’re a fast learner who is keen to push forward quickly, we’d love to talk to you.Desirable
- You have at least 5 years experience in design and development of large-scale software solutions.
- You have a good working knowledge of Golang, and have ideally used it commercially in production.
- You have a good knowledge of API design, and have plenty of experience both as a consumer and creator of API’s.
- Our tech stack also includes Ruby – experience in Ruby is not essential, but a desire to learn would be great.
- You have experience working with a variety of databases – We use PostgreSQL.
- We’re always looking for the best way to do things, and our tech stack will never be set in stone. Ideally you would have past experience working across a variety of languages / frameworks, and can contribute to the development of our architecture.
- We're a regulated business, so any experience working with financial products (and compliance that involved) would be a bonus.
- You know the value of a strong test suite, clean CI / CD pipeline and automated workflow. You've worked with multiple solutions before, and can offer opinions on how to keep perfecting our flow. This is a high-impact role, with the chance to see your work change the financial landscape for millions of customers -
If that sounds like fun, we look forward to hearing from you!