Buchanan Technologies - an IT consulting organization is looking to hire motivated individuals for the following position: Level 1 Desktop Support
The position provides network, hardware, and software support for our client which includes, but is not limited to troubleshooting and resolving issues regarding connectivity issues, application issues, server, desktop issues, mainframe issues, proprietary applications, mobile devices, and PC support in a Windows environment.
• Respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support in a timely manner and have the ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals.
• Document incidents/problems and clearly documents the issues, troubleshooting steps taken, and comments in an incident management system.
• Identify, research, and resolve technical problems and escalate problems to other support teams when necessary.
• Work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to frequent change and be able to work a flexible schedule
• Work with diverse groups and individuals to set goals, establish priorities, and solve complex problems
FLUENT ENGLISH is a must!
• Solid understanding of basic network components and concepts
• Ability to provide support to end users on a variety of topics including Windows 7, 8, 10, MS Office, printers, mobile devices, and email issues
• Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving/analytical abilities
• Strong commitment to quality customer service
• Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow direction and best practices
• Regularly demonstrates initiative in supporting the customer outside of expected job assignments
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Candidates must also be able to work on holidays if/needed
• Relevant education - preferably a degree in IT-related field, and/or previous call center, customer service, technical support, or help desk experience.
Only short-list of candidates will be contacted.