Technementals Technologies (Bulgaria) EAD is a subsidiary of FXCM Group. The FXCM group of companies (collectively, the \\\"FXCM Group\\\") is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading, spread betting and related services. Our mission is to inspire global traders with access to the world\\\'s largest and most liquid market. By offering the most innovative trading tools, hiring the best trading educators, and meeting strict financial standards to protect trader funds, we strive for the best online trading experience in the market.
FXCM Back Office Sofia is looking for a Data Analyst with strong technical skills. This is a unique role that offers growth and knowledge opportunities. The Analyst will have the responsibility of performing data analysis, provide and communicate insights to various departments, including risk, sales, accounting, compliance, dealing, and operations, develop and implement database and data collection systems, design and deploy reports and dashboards that support evaluation of financial performance and drive business decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Perform deep dive analysis using SQL, R/Python and Excel on customer activity and behaviors, revenue, market risk, clustering analysis etc.
• Using SQL, R/Python you will be involved in developing models helping different facets of the business utilize customer revenue data
• You will be actively involved in implementing data analysis/data mining, analytical process improvements, and automation
• Help improve and maintain databases that are utilized for data analysis and reporting
• Assist on and own ad-hoc requests for internal departments, management, and external parties
• +3 years of experience in a relevant role
• Have written complex SQL queries (T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
• Experience working in R and/or Python
• Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and writing VBA Macros
• Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques
• Demonstrated experience using statistical, analytical, and visualization skills to generate insights
• Familiarity with core statistical techniques such as significance testing, correlation, regression, distributions, factor and cluster analysis, and basic predictive modeling
• Proficiency in ETL processes (SSIS experience preferred) and relational databases
• Strong research skills; analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn and understand complex financial products and system architecture
• Master’s or PHD degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering/Quantitative Finance
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.